“Meet on clothes” or unwritten dress code in Golf
There are no official documented rules regarding Golf attire to date. However, everyone who falls into the society of fans of this aristocratic game, still face certain foundations reigning in these circles. The appearance of a golfer both on the field and just within the walls of the club is one of the manifestations of respect for the rest of the participants.
Dress code requirements may vary from club to club. So, for example, in countries with dominant democratic traditions, you can see on the municipal Golf course a Golf player in jeans. While closed private clubs reglamentary from the depth of the cut on the women’s blouses to color and length men’s socks.
However, the basic rules relevant to most Golf clubs around the world still exist.
First, the sports uniform of a self-respecting golfer is always clean and tidy. The standard version of the men’s wardrobe-slacks good cut and Polo shirt with any length of the sleeve. For women also acceptable Polo shirt (perhaps without sleeves), trousers or skirt. For reasons of comfort in case of hot weather, both men and women can wear shorts.
The direct field requires the presence of special shoes with exchangeable spikes and tread.
Deciding to wear shorts, you should decide on the choice of socks: they are usually white, knee length or slightly above the ankle.
Many hours of exposure to the sun implies the presence of a visor, baseball cap or hat. Any headgear must be wide field or large visor. Well, and, of course, to completely protect the eyes, it will be difficult to do without dark glasses that protect against ultraviolet light.
Given that there is “no bad weather” for Golf, it is necessary to stock up on a windbreaker and a waterproof set of clothes. Of course, nothing should restrict movement and cause discomfort during the game.
Despite the above subtleties of dress code, do not worry about the possible discrepancy between the colors of socks or cut shorts standards of certain clubs. If you have Golf clothes of well-known manufacturers, you can be sure that it meets modern trends and will be approved by the most demanding Golf clubs.
Returning to the topic of principles and rules of good manners, you should pay attention to the points that are unacceptable for visitors to Golf clubs:
* Denim clothing is undesirable for visits to many Golf clubs.
* It is not customary to wear a baseball cap visor back. And in the clubhouse it should be removed at all, even if it is properly worn.
* Camouflage pants and trousers with patch pockets will also have to be discarded during the game and during the presence in the club.
* Women’s tops, t-shirts and tank tops go beyond the dress code. Applications and large prints on shirts should not be. It is absolutely unacceptable to be on the field in swimsuits.
* The shirt should be worn tucked into pants with a belt, and never loose.
Tie shorts or sweatpants braid impermissible.
* Studded shoes are not suitable for spending time inside the club and in the restaurant.
* Changing clothes right in the Parking lot, next to the car is considered bad form, given the presence of locker rooms.
With the rules of dress code and other requirements of the selected Golf club can be found on the phone or on the website, thereby eliminating the fear of getting into an awkward situation.